- American hitchhiker meets Swiss Miss: the cutest love story
- PSA: this small batch strawberry jam is good on EVERYTHING! I would first recommend it with lightly toasted, thick cut sourdough bread, with a thin layer of butter and a thick layer of jam and then you should try it over vanilla bean ice cream. I’ve been making quick jam like this for-ev-er but never really paid attention to amounts.
- talking about ice cream, here is a basic recipe for no-churn ice cream and tons of flavour ideas.
- how to maintain your sanity when you work alone. Hello, yes. My days are mostly unpredictable – sometimes I’m at my desk till 8 or 9pm with Vancouver clients and sometimes I don’t get any emails for 3 days – but there are a few things that are consistent: I always change out of my pjs, don’t eat lunch at my desk, and have a shut down ritual – 2 episodes of New Girl at 5pm – that is possible 98% of the time.
- adventures in the art of being alone. I really loved this.
- I think I’m still tired from Boston. We crammed in as many things possible in 4 days; full recap maybe coming soon. But that photo up there? It’s from The Verb hotel, which I made sister trespass through to take cute photos (#worthit). Don’t stay there though, the walls are thin; walking the halls we could hear music and the shower from behind closed doors.
- and yes, yes, i’m still trying to pull together a few posts on my apartment, too. Probably soon-ish.
- at Fenway there is no music except walk up songs; as the stadium thinned out a bit and I could finally feel a breeze and my hotness and irritability began to fade, Pony by Ginuwine started playing. And that, can turn anyone’s mood around.
what’s up for the weekend? I’m doing absolutely nothing tomorrow and then headed to see Dad on Sunday.