I’m all about “age is just a number” until I remembered I was in the 9th grade 20 years ago. TWENTY YEARS! I remember the first few months of grade 9 like they happened last year not two decades ago. Damn.
Then again, I was asked for my ID at the LCBO last week because the cashier could tell I was over 19 but not how many years over. Bless your sweet heart, Janice. Moisturizer, SPF, and curl your eyelashes, friends!
Anyway, here are 34 things on my 34th birthday.
1. What’s your favorite movie? Movies? Sound of Music and GI Blues.
2. A book you plan on reading? The book on my nightstand is We Were The Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter.
3. Favorite TV show that’s currently on? Home Town. Or Younger. (Ok, ok, Canadian friends, Younger is very hard to watch – thanks to Chrissy for letting me use Hulu when I’m in the US – guuuuuys, if you see it when it’s back on MUCH or E! you’ve gotta watch. Team Josh all the way!)
4. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now? 7.2
5. Twitter or Instagram? Both? Come find me: allisonbridgman on both.
6. What’s your favorite meal? Breakfast.
7. Favorite Starbucks holiday drink? Chestnut praline latte. Getting my first one today and I am really looking forward to it.
8. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk.
9. Coffee or tea? By which you mean a delicious beverage or dirty leaf water? Definitely coffee.
10. What’s your favorite band? Arkells!
11. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? Max Kerman and we would sway and hug and jump around the entire time or Buddy Holly or young Elvis. (ps: I can’t sing)
12. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? Acoustic guitar.
13. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? On the inside of my finger. (No Laura, no)
14. Dogs or cats? I think cats.
15. What did you have for lunch today? Today: BLT with avocado. Every other day this week: super buttery oven toast with a sliced apple and slice of 7 years aged white cheddar.
16. What country do you wish to visit? Austria.
17. What’s your favorite color? Blush pink.
18. If you had one superpower, what would it be? Teleportation.
19. Favourite words? Sojourn and hooligan.
20. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday.
21. Do you like your handwriting? Love it.
22. Best thing you bake? Christmas bread.
23. What are you listening to right now? Here’s a little playlist for you: Riptide by Vance Joy. Step Into The Darkness by Said The Whale. Real Love Baby by Father John Misty. Everything is Alright by The Glorious Sons. Scars by James Bay. And Then Some (acoustic) by Arkells. Good Old Days by Macklemore f. Kesha. Come A Little Bit Closer by Jay & The Americans. Heartbeat by Buddy Holly. Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder. White Lightning by The Cadillac Three. And if you’re ready, Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My Dad. He calls almost every day which is sweet until it isn’t.
25. Who was the last person you sent a text to? Ma Pooks, Megan.
26. Scary film or happy endings? Happy endings. Idyllic made-for-tv Christmas movies are my most favourite.
27. Four people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with? Obama, Max, sister, and my now-deceased adopted grandma Rosie.
28. Hugs or kisses? Hugs!
29. Where were you born? Toronto General Hospital. Emergency C-Section, Thursday, November 10, 1983, 1:43am.
30. What is the farthest you have been from home? Rome: 7,077 km away.
31. Favorite childhood book? Corduroy.
32. What would be the title of your autobiography? Tell me about the time you were broken.
33. Favorite animal? bears!
34. Mountain cabin or beach house? Can my mountain cabin be by a lake? I’d like that. Or a small beach bungalow in St. Simons.
Indulge me: what would be the title of your autobiography?
ps: I’m trying to spread a little love today; join me in doing something nice for someone else. It would absolutely make my day to hear about it – tag me (@allisonbridgman) and use the hashtag #34LOVEballoons